Last modified: 17 September 2014
Lester & Darnie ABN 69 206 629 595 is a boutique online store. We aim to provide a range of products which are suitable for children with eczema, allergies and skin conditions. Our products are eco-friendly, natural, organic and produced (where possible) with sustainable products and under fair trade conditions.
Lester & Darnie – Privacy Officer
Address: PO Box 5572 Stafford Heights QLD 4053
Phone: 0423 354 559
- General Usage: We use your data to provide and improve the website, software and services. We may disclose your data to our service providers bound by confidentiality.
- Prohibited Use: To protect our interests, and that of our users, additional common sense restrictions apply if you wish to access or use our website other than by ordinary browsing.
- Anonymity and Pseudonymity: To place an order, we require valid delivery instructions. Ordering under a pseudonym is possible, but may complicate the order and delivery process. We also use session-specific cookies and analytics (not browsing history) to deliver and improve our services. In all other respects you can access our website anonymously.
- Credit Card Data: We do not collect any credit card information. All payments are handled by a secure third party payment gateway.
- Marketing: If you subscribe to our mailing list (the default option when placing an order), we may send you marketing material. You may opt out at any time.
- No Data Sold: We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We may include third party offers in marketing materials we send to you.
- Overseas Disclosure: Most of our products are packed and shipped from Australia, however some products are drop-shipped directly from our supplier or distributor in various countries (noted in the product description where practical). Some of our software service providers are located in the United States.
- Updates: If you create an account, you may review your order history and update any saved details by logging in and following the prompts. You may request to access or correct any other personal information we hold about you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disclosure by Law: We may disclose your data where required by law or court order.
All data and personal information we receive, including data generated by your access or use of the website, order details, and contact information, may be used to deliver and improve our services.
Most of our products are packed and shipped from Australia when you place an order, however some products, including back-orders, may be drop-shipped to you directly from our suppliers (or their wholesale distributors) to reduce the delivery time. We may disclose your delivery information to our supplier or distributor for this purpose.
You are welcome to access and use our website, and link to our products and blog posts on search engines, social media or other sites, however in doing so, you must not:
- use, display, copy or republish our content for any commercial purpose;
- interfere with the ordinary use and activity of our website, including excessive traffic demands (such as denial of service attacks);
- frame our content with anything that is misleading, deceptive, defamatory or injurious to the goodwill and reputation of Lester & Darnie or our suppliers;
- deep-link to images or other content; or
- pass the content off as your own.
Cookies and Analytics
As you access the website, we collect temporary session data (cookies), and other analytics which may include identifying information such as your IP address. We do not collect or use your browsing history. Session data and analytics are used to enhance your experience on the website, and improve the website and our services in future.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
To place an order, you must provide valid delivery details, including your name and address. You may place an order under a pseudonym if you wish, however we cannot take any responsibility for complications, delayed or failed delivery that may result.
You may also create an account to track your order history, save a partially completed order, and speed up the ordering process in future. To access your account, you must log in with valid credentials, and these may include personally identifying information such as your email address.
In all other respects you may interact with and use the website anonymously if you wish.
Authentication data used to log-in to our software and services may include personal information. Access attempts may be logged for security and authentication purposes.
Credit Card Data
We do not receive or store any credit card information. All payments are handled by a secure third party payment gateway.
If you subscribe to our mailing list (including when asked while placing an order), we may contact you with special offers, new products, or other marketing correspondence. You may opt out at any time by notice by email to email@example.com, or through the unsubscribe link found in all marketing emails we send.
We use a third party system to manage our marketing campaigns, and we may disclose your contact details to our service providers for this purpose. Our service providers are not permitted to sell, use or disclose your contact details or contact you for any other purpose unless required by law.
We may include third party offers in marketing materials we send to you. We do not sell, trade or rent your contact details or any other personal information to any third party.
Overseas Data Disclosure
Our website and services are hosted and supported by third party service providers primarily in Australia and the United States. For example, website analytics are provided by Google, and we use third party software to administer our newsletters and marketing emails.
Where we arrange delivery directly from overseas suppliers, we may disclose your delivery information to the relevant supplier. Where feasible for overseas distributors, we will include the location of our distributor in the product description.
Access and Updates to Personal Information
If you create an account, you may review and update your contact information at any time by logging in to your account and following the prompts. You can review your order history and update your saved delivery information through this account portal.
You may also request to access or correct personal information we hold about you by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge for making a request. Where we permit access, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover our costs, assessed on a case by case basis.
Please note: order history and billing records cannot be changed, even if they contain inaccurate personal information.
Disclosure by Law
We may use, modify, disclose or delete any data, including personal information, where required by law, binding regulation or court order.